March 29, 2023 | Estater, Kuwait Retail Sector | No Comments
Assima Mall is one of the newest shopping malls in Kuwait. The mixed-use property includes the largest commercial mall in the heart of Kuwait City and was opened on 8 November 2021. Assima Mall boasts a phenomenal lifestyle and entertainment that includes a cinema, gym, spa, and entertainment, as well as numerous dining options throughout the mall.
The Assima, meaning capital in Arabic, is a mixed-use project developed by Assima Real Estate Company, wholly owned by Salhia Real Estate Company. The project commenced in October 2015 and was completed at the end of 2021. Bringing together all the conveniences of a mini city within the heart of Kuwait City with a total built up area of 380,000 square meters. Featuring three main components which are, a mall with urban parks, an office tower with stunning sea-views and cityscapes, and a residence hotel. The project also features ample parking to serve the three main components of the project. Following are the quick things what one can experience in Assima Mall.
1. Shopping in The Assima Mall: With over 265 stores, spread over six floors, Assima Mall is one stop destination for any shopper. Mall features a mix of brands from contemporary, to high-street, many of which are introduced in Kuwait for the first time. Local and international labels are available, including well-known brands such as Charles & Keith, Calvin Klein, Mango, Tommy Hilfiger, Bershka and many more.
2. F&B in The Assima Mall: The Assima Mall’s food court is a popular destination for foodies, with a variety of options to choose from. The mall utilizes its outdoor spaces with finesse; there are a range rooftop cafes and restaurants alongside the urban park – perfect for the cooler months. The uniquely designed spaces serve a range of cuisines, perfect for every taste and palate – there are multitude of options to choose from, be it a quick bite, a leisurely lunch, or even a more contemporary meal.
3. Entertainment Places in The Assima Mall: The Assima Mall has an enormous lifestyle and leisure element which includes a cinema, gym, spa, and great entertainment for the whole family. It is the perfect place to spend your weekend or weekday with your family.
4. Amenities in The Assima Mall: The mall is designed for comfort and convenience, with amenities such as clean restrooms, prayer rooms, and plenty of seating areas. There is also plenty of parking, both indoor and outdoor.
Interesting Facts About Assima Kuwait:
- Estater estimates that the total Gross Leasable Area (GLA) of Assima is more than 70,000 m2.
- Fashion, Shoes, and Accessories stores account for 24% of the GLA.
- IKEA and Monoprix – two main anchor stores – account for about 12% of total GLA.
For Unforgettable Experiences, Entertainment Destination at Assima Mall in Kuwait
The Assima Mall caters to a variety of entertainment options for visitors of all ages. Here are some of the fun and exciting destinations you can find in The Assima:
1. Rainbow Park in The Assima Mall – The Rainbow Park is an indoor amusement park located on the second floor of the mall. It is a entertainment amusement park for children which features a host of indoor rides, roller coaster, bumper cars, and arcade games.
2. Sky Zone in The Assima Mall – Sky Zone is a space for children and adults to move, create and enjoy. Sky Zone is an aerial park for children located on the second floor of the mall. It allows children to explore different aerial games.
3. National Geographic Ultimate Explorer in The Assima Mall – National Geographic Ultimate Explorer attraction gives families the chance to travel to the farthest reaches of outer space, go to the bottom of the ocean and top of Everest without ever leaving the mall.
4. Cinema & Theatres in The Assima Mall – Cinescape – Kuwait National Cinema Company (KNCC) – is a movie theatre chain and film distributor in Kuwait. Cinescape offers a range of movies of different genres and offers comfortable seating and an amazing movie watching experience. They have kiosk of refreshments to enjoy during the movie.
Shop Your Favourite Brands at The Assima Mall Kuwait
Fashion, Shoes, and Accessories stores account for 24% of GLA in the Assima Mall Kuwait. While looking for a variety of goods and services in one convenient location, Assima Mall is the best choice. This upscale mall, which is located close in Kuwait City, features everything from clothes stores to electronics stores and even eateries. Customers can expect ease and quality from their shopping experience at the Assima Mall Kuwait, which offers more than 50 international brands.
Clients can browse through designer brands like Calvin Klein, Mango, Tommy Hilfiger and more without having to go online or hunt throughout the city for what they require. Customers can not only purchase a variety of luxury goods, but they can also purchase a variety of everyday items! From fashion accessories like handbags and shoes to groceries like fresh fruits and vegetables, you will undoubtedly find something to suit your budget and taste preferences. Some of the big shopping stores in The Assima Mall are:
1. IKEA in The Assima Mall – IKEA is a Swedish furniture and home décor retailer with stores all over the world, including Kuwait. The store sells a wide range of furniture, home decor, and household items that are both functional and fashionable. IKEA’s most popular items include beds, sofas, chairs, tables, kitchen cabinets, lighting fixtures, and textiles. Furthermore, IKEA in Assima Mall Kuwait has a restaurant where customers can enjoy Swedish-inspired food and beverages. For a fee, the store also offers delivery and assembly services.
2. Monoprix in The Assima Mall – Monoprix in Assima Mall is a major French retail chain with its headquarters in Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine, France, near Paris. The company’s stores combine food retailing with fashion, beauty, and home products.
Cafes, Fine & Bistro Dining at The Assima Mall Kuwait
The Assima Kuwait is a well-liked spot for dining, shopping, and entertainment, offering a variety of cuisines to suit all preferences and price ranges. Let us look at The Assima Mall Kuwait’s cafes, fine dining, and bistro options for dining.
Cafes in The Assima Mall Kuwait:
1. Costa Coffee in The Assima Mall – Costa Coffee is a popular coffeehouse chain that serves a variety of coffee, tea, and snacks. Costa branches sell hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, cakes and pastries, and snacks. In 2020, the brand collaborated with three chocolate brands (Quality Street, After Eight and Terry’s) for some of their limited-edition Christmas drinks.
2. Lavazza in The Assima Mall – Luigi Lavazza, shortened and stylized as LAVAZZA, is an Italian manufacturer of coffee products. Founded in Turin in 1895 by Luigi Lavazza, it was initially run from a small grocery store at Via San Tommaso 10. The business is currently administered by the third and fourth generations of the Lavazza family. The company operates several retail coffee shops. The shops offer traditional coffee drinks as well as whole bean and ground coffee for home use.
3. Nespresso in The Assima Mall – Nestlé Nespresso S.A., trading as Nespresso, is an operating unit of the Nestlé Group, based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Nespresso machines brew espresso and coffee from coffee capsules or pods in machines for home or professional use, a type of pre-apportioned single-use container, or reusable capsules (pods), of ground coffee beans, sometimes with added flavourings.
Fine Dining in The Assima Kuwait:
1. Mia Restaurant in The Assima Mall – Mia Restaurant is a well-known Mediterranean restaurant that offers a range of hummus, pita bread, falafel and many more. The restaurant’s elegant decor and attentive service make it a perfect place for a fine dining experience.
2. Little Ruby’s in The Assima Mall – Little Ruby’s is a well-known restaurant that combines Italian and American flavours. Signature dishes at the restaurant includes Pizza, Pasta, Lasagne and many more.
Fast Food and Bistro Dining in The Assima Kuwait:
1. Mcdonald’s in The Assima Mall – McDonald’s Corporation is an American multinational fast food chain. McDonald’s is the world’s largest fast food restaurant chain, serving over 69 million customers daily in over 100 countries in more than 40,000 outlets as of 2021. McDonald’s is best known for its hamburgers, cheeseburgers and French fries, although their menu also includes other items like chicken, fish, fruit, and salads. Their best-selling licensed item are their French fries, followed by the Big Mac.
2. Elevation Burger in The Assima Mall – Elevation Burger serves organic burgers, fries, and shakes in a fast-casual setting. The restaurant’s dedication to employing high-quality food and environmentally sustainable processes makes it a popular choice among health-conscious guests
3. Taco Bell in The Assima Mall – A variety of exquisite Mexican wraps, sandwiches, and salads are available at the restaurant known as Taco Bell. For a quick snack or casual dinner, the cafe’s welcoming ambiance and helpful staff make it a great choice.
Overall, the six levels Assima Mall features a mix of brands from contemporary, to high-street, many of which are new to Kuwait. The mall includes the largest hypermarket in Kuwait City. Assima Mall is within walking distance of the busy business district of Kuwait City and transforms the shopping experience in the city centre. Before the opening of the Assima Mall, the retail options in Kuwait City were high end and limited options. Assima Mall has filled this gap in the market by offering a wider range of retail outlets, while at the same time offering a hypermarket in the heart of the city.Estater, Kuwait, Real Estate, Retail